- Read Feds Proceed with Chaco Drilling Plan While Tribes Distracted by Pandemic.
- Read ‘Their Greed is Gonna Kill Us’: Indian Country Fights Against More Fracking.
- Read Greater Chaco Coalition Responds to BLM’s Broken Promises – Draft Fracking Plan Recklessly Deficient.
- The Federal report: Farmington Mancos-Gallup Draft Resource Management Plan Amendment and Environmental Impact Statement.
- To COMMENT go to the BLM website for the project. Click the green “Participate Now!” button. The article linked to above titled Greater Chaco Coalition Responds to BLM’s Broken Promises contains numerous examples of comments already submitted by various indigenous action and environmental organizations. A great example comment:
“We are outraged that despite widespread public concern for the rights of Indigenous peoples, the preservation of historic sites, the public health risks of fossil fuel extraction, and the climate emergency, the BLM has decided to continue its pattern of industrial assault on the American people. BLM’s “preferred alternative” prioritizes fossil fuel extraction at the EXPENSE of community needs, land health, and human wellbeing. YUCCA stands in solidarity with Dine communities, the All Pueblo Council of Governors, members of Greater Chaco Coalition, and those on the frontlines of our country’s insatiable appetite for fossil fuel dollars. We refuse to be silent as people’s lives and cultures are erased under the banner of “economic development” and our futures as young people are threatened.”
Artemisio Romero, Spokesperson, YUCCA (Youth United for Climate Crisis Action), (505) 629-1181, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read Dam Developers Would Pump Ancient Waters for Profit.
- SIGN THE PETITION created by the Grand Canyon Trust.
- The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission online comment system can be found here (requires registration). Make note of the docket number P-15024-000. Prefer to submit your comment by mail? Mail to: Secretary, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, 888 First Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20426 and include the docket number P-15024-000 on the first page.